Charitable Giving with Real Estate
Thank you to our Special Gold Sponsor
Charitable giving with real estate can provide opportunities to support the causes one care about, obtain charitable deductions from taxes, and also maintain the opportunity for the donor to continue to benefit from the property before the final distribution to charity. We will discuss how each of the techniques listed below can be designed to accomplish charitable and other goals of the donor. We will explain how the charitable deduction from income and estate taxes are calculated for each technique. Finally, we will discuss circumstances that may make some of the techniques more favorable than others.
We will discuss the following giving techniques and strategies:
- Outright gifts of Real Estate
- Bargain Sales of Real Estate
- Gift Annuities funded with Real Estate
- Partial Gifts of Real Estate
- Gifts of Remainder Interest in Personal Residence (Life Estates and Charitable Trusts)
- Determining the Charitable Deduction (and other tax issues) arising from Gifts of Real Estate
12:00 PM Registration, Lunch and Networking
12:20 PM Welcome
12:30 PM Presentation
1:30 PM Event Adjourns
About the Speaker
Holden & Campbell
Frank is admitted to practice law before the Bars of New York, Maryland, and Virginia. In addition to his law degree, Frank has earned Master of Laws in Taxation (LLM). He focuses his entire practice in the areas of Estate Planning and Administration, including charitable planning. He has served as a lecturer to the Maryland State Bar Association and the Anne Arundel County Bar Association. Mr. Campbell began his legal career as a Judge Advocate in the United States Marine Corps. Immediately, prior to associating with Holden & Campbell, Mr. Campbell served as the General Counsel for the Special Inspector General for Iraq Reconstruction, an agency designated to oversee and report to Congress on the reconstruction of Iraq. Frank provides charitable giving advice a number of charities in Anne Arundel County. He serves as the chairman of the Anne Arundel Medical Center Charitable Gift Planning Advisory Committee and he serves on the Board of the Anne Arundel Community College Foundation.
Parking & Directions
Parking is available in the lot on the left side of the building. This will allow you to use the side door entrance to Seelos Hall. Click the link below for directions.
Sponsorship OpportunitiesSilver Sponsor $500
- Exhibit Table and one complimentary registration to the specific event sponsored.
- Recognition as a Silver Sponsor form the podium.
- Listed as an event Silver Sponsor with logo and hyperlink in the event promotion.
- Post-event attendee list.
Event Sponsor (TWO AVAILABLE) $300
- Exhibit Table and one complimentary registration.
- Recognition form the podium as an event sponsor.
- Listed as an Event Sponsor with logo and hyperlink in event promotion.